The curriculum for SNHU’s undergraduate data analytics degree is designed around the onslaught of data that organizations face every day. The bachelor’s in data analytics coursework combines data mining and structure with modeling and communication to build a broad and thorough education that will serve you well throughout your career. In addition, students can elect to learn SAS or SQL modeling techniques.
This ‘Open’ curriculum-based training and certification provides a hands-on practitioner’s approach to the techniques and tools required for Big Data Analytics. ‘Open’ courses focus on technology concepts and principles, ideal for multi-vendor, multi-technology environments. Supported by real-world use cases, the curriculum leverages industry best practices and industry-standard terminology and definitions.
CCP Data Scientist Benefits
CCP Data Scientists have access to resources and perks reserved for leaders in the field of big data:
- Certification verification tool for employers and customers
- Profile listed under your CCP number allows to promote your skills and achievements
- Access to the CCP professional designation on business cards résumés, and online profiles
To date we have three versions of Big Data University, to better address the needs of our world wide audience:
- BigDataUniversity.com: the site you are visiting right now, aimed at the world at large. It primarily provides courses in English, but does have some courses in Japanese, Spanish and Russian.
- BigDataUniversity.com.br: launched at the end of July 2015 for students in Brazil. It offers courses in Portuguese (so also handy for students from Portugal ).
- BigDataUniversity.com.cn: launched at the end of August 2015 for students in China. It offers courses in Mandarin. The site and all of the course material are hosted in China.
This programme is designed to provide students with knowledge and applied skills in data science, big data analytics and business intelligence. It aims to develop analytical and investigative knowledge and skills using data science tools and techniques, and to enhance data science knowledge and critical interpretation skills. Students will understand the impact of data science upon modern processes and businesses, be able to identify, and implement specific tools, practices, features and techniques to enhance the analysis of data.
- Individuals who have solid logical, quantitative, analytical and critical skills
- Individuals who are comfortable in using common software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Some programming experience is useful, (e.g. SQL and R) but not mandatory
- Participants will need to prepare with homework in advance of each class to maximise learning through hands-on exercises
- Malaysian nationality
This program has been designed to help meet the expanding needs for these “Data Scientists” who are skilled in the utilization of a unique blend of Science, Art and Business.
Corporation has dramatically increased investments in their “digital enterprises” in past few years. It has been estimated that by 2020, IT departments will be monitoring 50 times more data than they are today. This tidal wave of data is driving unprecedented demand for those with the skills required to manage and leverage these very large data sets into competitive advantage.
This program has been designed to help meet the expand-ing needs for these “Data Scientists” who are skilled in the utilization of a unique blend of Science, Art and Business. These professionals are skilled in automating methods of collecting and analyzing data and utilizing inquisitive exploring techniques to discover previously hidden insight from this data that can profoundly impact the success of any business.